Community Support Volunteers
The Community Futures Programme selects a number of local people to assist participating communities as Community Support Volunteers (CSV). These are generally local people who are interested in community development and get expenses. The focus of the CSV is to support the local Steering Group to carry out the community consultation associated with the preparation of Community Action Plans.
Community Support Volunteers are trained in the Community Futures Process and work closely with the Co-ordinator throughput the programme. CSVs should be enthusiastic, good listeners, able to work with other people, good time management skills, computer literate, good report writing, access to email and a car.
The work includes:
• 20 or so stakeholder interviews and meetings
• Supporting the distribution and collection of the community futures questionnaire to local residents and others as appropriate
• Analysing survey results and writing a survey report
• Researching and compiling a community profile
• Assisting in organising and promoting a community workshop
• Assisting in devising the community action plan
• A note of all stakeholder interviews and a final interview summary report
• Analysis of the questionnaires and a survey report
• Community profile report
• Report of the workshop findings.
In addition to training templates, guidelines and support are provided throughout the programme which lasts 6 months approx.
If you are interested in putting your name forward for future positions please email your name and contact details to the Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org